Disagreement Resolution

Disagreement Resolution is another term used in the SEND Code of Practice and is very similar to Mediation.

Disagreement Resolution, however, is used in different circumstances for different types of disagreement (described in the Code of Practice). We will assist people identify which service applies to their circumstances. In most cases, you will receive a letter from the local authority describing which service is relevant to you. Generally, if you have right of appeal, you are accessing Mediation (except if it is associated with the place of education only).

Disagreement Resolution is very similar to Mediation from a service point of view. We have a preliminary conversation about the process to see whether it is something you would like to try. There is then a joint session, in which we take people through the five-stage process described above, in the page – ‘The Mediation Session’.